
Today Riley & I went to the library. It is great. Met my cousin and her daughter there. I forgot how much fun it is to read to a toddler. She was still impressed with my dramatic pauses and various voices. When Sid was in first grade she told me she didn't want me to read to her class anymore because I acted to much like the teacher. Can you imagine, I embarrassed my six year old with my awesome reading aloud skills...That put an end to a career destined for a go at audio books.
So Riley got to fill out her own paper work and apply for her very own library card. She chose a Nancy Drew. She has read a few pages and has realized that it is a "new" Nancy Drew. She has computers and GPS. Riley is NOT happy. She likes the old ones from the 50's so much better. This is the ten year old who likes the Beatles. She is in her own time warp.
I haven't put any books on hold yet, I still have too many from Costco to read. Oh perish the thought.
Today was cold and cloudy. Very different from what it has been. I actually needed a sweatshirt.
After the library we all walked over to cute little lunch spot with great views of Lake Washington. A great afternoon...
7.22.2008
Books
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
July
(29)
- Some pictures from Edmonds, WA
- The Blog Below
- Life is Good
- Exploring
- Pink and New
- A New Slide Show
- Things That Are Weird
- Books
- A Day at the Lake
- Blog gone wrong
- My small tribute
- Life's Little Inconveniences
- Sid's Room
- Kirkland/Juanita Beach at Lk Washington
- Bragging
- Spending Time at the Lake
- Hide and Seek
- Just a lil slideshow
- Time flies
- And now it's Sid's turn...
- Riley's new stuff
- the spring green Dell laptop
- pictures for your pleasure
- No title
- Fireworks are Cool
- This just in from the Seattle Post Intelligencer
- Happy Birthday America
- Hotter than a...
- Nothing Much
-
▼
July
(29)
0 comments:
Post a Comment