I am at the top of the weird list, I know. That is not what I mean tho. Today I went and had my hair cut. That is weird. I haven't gone to a salon like a real client, sat in a chair, discussed what I wanted and all that goes with getting a haircut in over 25 years. That's a long time. It was weird but nice at the same time. I wasn't even nervous. The talented person who cut my hair helped to make me feel comfortable. We spoke the same language. That helps a lot. She has been in the biz for 17 years. I enjoyed it.
Other weird things, hmmm... the girls and I put blue claw covers on our cats. They are soft caps that go on your cat's claws so they don't scratch your new leather sofa & love seat. So now their back paws look like someone painted their toenails blue.
The sun was out all day, not weird but nice. Rain is in the forecast.
My favorite sister(my only sister) is having some weird health issues so keep her in your prayers, positive thoughts, mantra, chant or whatever it is you do when you ask your higher being for favorable outcomes. She has gone through a lot of weird health stuff in her life. She will know more as time goes on and tests come back, etc. I miss my sister so so so much but when I know she is not feeling well, it is even harder. I like to take care of her, I always have and tend to want to mother her at times. Even though she is three years younger than me, she takes care of me and mothers me at times too. We keep it balanced. I miss her and my niece. I miss watching my niece grow up. She will be four soon and she is so cute. She takes after me. My girls will be spending time with my sister and niece soon. They are going to Arizona in August for a week or so. They will spend 15-20 hours a day in my parent's pool. When they are not in the pool they will be in air conditioning. They will shop, get pedicures, eat out, have movie night with Grammy and generally do fun things with my sister and niece as well. I am glad they get to go, it has been kinda boring here for them when they are not with the cousins. Bob & I have been so busy trying to make a house into a home that we don't spend tons of time with them having fun.
We did all watch "Breakfast at Tiffany's" last night. Dang, Audrey Hepburn was beautiful... Neither daughter had seen it and they both loved it. We have been on a quest to see the classics. To Kill a Mockingbird, East of Eden to name a few. I have thrown in a few Doris Day movies to lighten things up a bit.
Well it is after 9:00 pm and starting to get dark finally. It is weird how light it stays. We got the last third of our bed today and it looks really great. My choice in bedding is superb. Finally having a king size bed after 22 years of a queen is weird but good. I should take a picture and post it since I did it for the daughter's rooms. There's is cuter tho, mine is boring in comparison... I'll snatch of picture of it online and pretend that is really my bedroom, I am bad...
7.24.2008
Things That Are Weird
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
July
(29)
- Some pictures from Edmonds, WA
- The Blog Below
- Life is Good
- Exploring
- Pink and New
- A New Slide Show
- Things That Are Weird
- Books
- A Day at the Lake
- Blog gone wrong
- My small tribute
- Life's Little Inconveniences
- Sid's Room
- Kirkland/Juanita Beach at Lk Washington
- Bragging
- Spending Time at the Lake
- Hide and Seek
- Just a lil slideshow
- Time flies
- And now it's Sid's turn...
- Riley's new stuff
- the spring green Dell laptop
- pictures for your pleasure
- No title
- Fireworks are Cool
- This just in from the Seattle Post Intelligencer
- Happy Birthday America
- Hotter than a...
- Nothing Much
-
▼
July
(29)
0 comments:
Post a Comment