My cousin Jill's birthday was yesterday. I wont tell you how old she is, that would just be impolite. Let's just say she is about 5 years younger than me. She is such a beautiful girl. Looks can be deceiving though. Under the beautiful exterior lies an iron resolve and strength not often found. She has two adorable kids. Her oldest, Natalie has Cerebral Palsy. She is six years old. She is adorable, sweet and funny. She is in the process of learning to communicate with her eyes. She has just completed some intense physical therapy as well. Her little brother, Sam is all boy. Full of questions, energy and love. She has her kids all week by herself but luckily family support is all around.
My mom and dad are still here so they were able to be at the lake for the party too. Riley made Jill an adorable card and I must say I was a bit proud...It was on the cooler side with little bouts of raindrops but Riley still managed to get into the water and show Sam, Lauren and Natalie some of her water trampoline tricks. As my cousin, Nikki says "Riley's fan base". The little kids get excited when Riley shows up.
Bob has left this morning for a job interview. He has been working for a week now at one of the large warehouse stores(if you get my drift) they like him, its part time but he has been getting lots of hours. It's fine for a while but we need more than that to survive... I will get serious once I find out more about my license situation and get the girls in school. I don't have the take and bring home from school situation like I did in California.
I am driving down to Olympia this morning to drop my parents off. Their friends from Portland are meeting us there. They have a meeting in Portland about the cruise they are taking this fall. Barcelona, Croatia, Italy, etc. How exciting for them. The girls and I will be shedding tears when we say goodbye. They were barely here. Hopefully we will see them again before too long.
Well the rain has stopped it's driving force for the moment, but it is supposed to continue all day and then this weekend is promising to be sunny. We are planning a garage sale for Saturday, ugh... While the thought of getting rid of a bunch of crap is thrilling, I just loath garage sales. Going to them and having them...I better go to the liquour store and stock up on tequila, you don't have to be too sober to have a garage sale as long as you have a child who can count change and keep track of a bunch of one dollar bills.
8.20.2008
Birthdays are Fun days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment