8.27.2008

The Jitters


Sid and I had a bad case of the jitters today. Nerves. Butterflies. Shakes.
She had picture day, getting her ASB card, P.E. clothes, lunch account and sign up for a sport. She decided she would like to play badminton. Yes, her JR high has team badminton. She will soon be launching that shuttlecock across the net and into victory. Sid is my hero. The poor child has been to a billion different schools. She always goes out of her comfort zone and tries something new. In 4th grade she ran for student council and won and barely knew three people. She ran cross country last year and hates running. Tried out for volleyball. Now badminton. Next Tues. she has 9th grade orientation and a bbq to get to know other new 9th graders and all of her teachers. Her school really goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable. When we finished at school we both admitted that we felt better. Come Tuesday I am sure we will have those butterflies again but everyday will get better. Her biggest fear is having to eat lunch alone but after looking at what the lunch choices are I will go and eat with her. Dang, they didn't have this cool of a cafeteria in my day. Can you say Baked Potato Bar?
Tomorrow I take Riley for her class assignment and her welcome BBQ. She has no jitters or nervous tendencies whatsoever. She just wants to get started. She plows through head first and assumes that she will have it all figured out in no time at all. We will see...
I will put their first day of school pix up next week. I am sure they will both look very grown up. I live with them and don't recognize them half of the time.
Children really do have a way of making the clock hands and calendar pages FLY by. I am reminded of this when three weeks goes by and I have to color that gray hair of mine. My children are not giving me the gray, it just shows how freakin' old I am getting...

0 comments: