8.09.2008

Rain Today




Woke up at about 5:30 this morning to the sound of a soft, steady rain. We have had warm sunny days for about a week so the rain is welcome. It was dark out till 9:30 this morning so Bob and I have the jazz playing and we are watching the antics of our crazy cat, "Boone". He is our cat/child. For those who don't know, he is the cat that was left in Bob's truck when he was about a week old. We fed him by bottle, wiped his little cat buns, cleaned him, kept him warm. Well now he is a nine pound adult/kitten. The whole family is in love with him and the other cats tolerate him well. Sid calls him her "brother from another mother". I have put pix of him on here before so I wont bore you... Anyway, it's raining.
We have no children anymore. We gave them up. They are temporarily residing in Arizona. My parents have custody of them but only for a week, dang... They will be back next Saturday AND they are bringing the grandparents with them. Somehow this didn't work out how I envisioned it...
I am excited for my parents to come see where we live. Plus my mom gets to visit with her sister, nieces and new baby Kate. My dad will work while he is here.
Back to the rain, I have to keep reminding myself that it is 104 degrees and sunny in Arizona. Bob and I took them to the airport and they flew down there by themselves. That is like the 5th time they have flown alone, they are such airport pros... We miss them but we are also excited for them. My niece was so excited to see her "sisters" or "friends" as she calls them. She couldn't wait to pick them up at the "airpork". I miss her so much, it hurts... She will be four this fall, wow time flies.
So now the sun is out, its still raining, its beautiful. We are going to get busy and work on our garage, we are going to have a garage sale. I will just sit in a lawn chair and drink margaritas and chat with the neighbors while Bob does all the work.

0 comments: