8.26.2008

Hello Peeps


I have had a few comments made that people are reading my blog. That makes me happy indeed. Hello all... Hope that everyone is doing well and are looking forward to having their children in school soon if they are not there already. My two lovelies will start school next week. I cannot believe it is Labor Day already. This summer did zoom by and that is no surprise considering what we accomplished. Sid will go to school tomorrow for her 9th grade orientation. It will also be picture day for her as well. Today I will get to be her hairdresser. She hasn't had her hair touched in who knows how long. Yesterday we went shopping to finish up on school stuff, both girls are geared to long sleeves and sweaters than ever before, wonder why? Could it have been because it was 65 degrees and raining? Hmmmm...As I type this morn. I look out onto our backyard and the sun is shining. Lovely to see.
When we speak with people down south in CA or AZ it is really HARD to imagine how hot it is there!
Just because I moved somewhere new, doesn't mean I have shed all of my old self. I still have some of my favorite things with me and no I don't mean Bob. Back in the old days when you moved away, you lost your favorite radio station or DJ. With the invention of the cool thing called the internet, you can listen to that station on the web. So two of my favorite guys moved to Seattle with me. I get to listen to them every morning on my laptop. Life is good.
Bob and I are happy here but we are still not feeling "grounded". Everything familiar is gone and it's all weird. I am hoping that once the girls start school and I get a job, I will feel my feet planted more firmly.
I still have not heard anything from the dang state board of Cosmetology. I did a resume for myself, what a laugh it is. Under work experience it is pretty dull. Hairstylist for 25 years. And as all of you that have been around me for a while can attest to, my salon changing wasn't all that varied compared to lots of stylists.
So, the girls will start school next week and I will start job seeking next week. Since blogging doesn't pay, I am not gonna be a gajillionaire....
OH!!! Quick post script... I am reading the "Shack" by William P. Young. My aunt read it and loved it. I got it at Costco. I nearly finished it in one night. If you struggle with your faith and who doesn't or just want a new perspective on faith it is a must read or if you just want a really good book, must read. Not long in page amount but lots to think about. http://theshackbook.com/index.html
later gators...

0 comments: