8.03.2008

Summer


This is with out a doubt the coolest summer I have ever had. I mean that as in weather. I am not complaining, I am thrilled. But it is weird to have to look for a robe or sweatshirt to put on. Living in the desert was about conserving the coolness, here it is about staying warm. I have never had cold feet or hands and now I do. Our daughters are leaving us in a few days to go to the other extreme, that would be Arizona. I know they will have a grand time, we will miss them but it is only a week...they deserve a little R & R, they have worked hard this summer. When they get back it will be all about getting ready to say goodbye to summer and get ready for school. I don't have much to blog about, things are not changing at a lightning pace right now but I bet once school starts and I start my job quest, I will have plenty of stuff to relay, complain about and share with everyone. I am actually walking away from my keyboard now, I have been filling out online job apps for Bob all morning and need to get busy. There is never a lack of something to unpack, clean, organize, make, fix, around here. Bob is behind me in the kitchen tearing out the cupboard above the refrigerator and then building a new one so that we can actually push our fridge all the way in like it is supposed to be. New fridge old kitchen, they don't do well together...
A visit to IKEA was a welcome change for the girls and I the other day. Cool stuff on the cheap, I like that. You really can window shop there and get your exercise.

1 comments:

kristengus said...

oh, Amy! And you think it is hot THERE? Don't you just love the trees? And I must say that Sid reminds me so much of you at age 13! Be happy that you have Costco nearby. We're thinking of you and hoping you adjust easily to your new abode and surroundings! Love ya- Kris