8.31.2008

Sailing... Takes Me Away...




My Aunt and Uncle invited us out on their sailboat today. The morning weather did not start out promising and I kept trying to think of a "plan b" it was cold and drizzling out, not a day for sailing if you are like me and the only experience with sailing is watching it on T.V. or from the safety of my aunt's house on the lake. This is real sailing out on an ocean. But as you looked to the west, it looked shiny and sunny so we were all gung ho. My cousin Nik didn't go since her babies are little but her husband, Drew got to come along. My cousin Jill was able to join us too. The sailboat is cool. It has a kitchen, table, two bedrooms and a bathroom. We had lunch while sailing and snacks and had so much fun just chatting the day away. There was so much scenery to take in. The surrounding islands, gorgeous waterfront homes, yachts, sea lions, cruise ships, other sailboats, the Seattle skyline, white puffy clouds and plenty of sunshine. Riley took the wheel and was an instant Skipper. We were just her Gilligan and crew. Everyone commented on how relaxed sailing makes you. Once I felt secure in the knowledge that I was not going to capsize and become chum, I did feel very relaxed. I also did not get seasick. The girls loved it too and want to go back out immediatley. It was an appropriate way to say goodbye to summer and hunker down for school and fall. Some of the trees are starting to turn and I have some shots of our tree in the front yard that I will post. When you see those you will encourage me to enter them in the state fair. They are that good.
The girls and I went to church this morning. Bob couldn't go because he had to work. His giant warehouse job keeps him busy. My cousin Jill was going to speak today about how God helps her through the difficulties she has to experience. She is my cousin that I spoke of in an earlier blog. Her daughter has C.P. and she is a single mom. It was cool, her sister Nikki and family were there too. Our family took up a whole row. Jill did a superb job and didn't break up during her talk. On the other hand, the rest of us observering were puddles. She is truly an inspiring girl and gives you a boost to your faith when you look at her. So many thanks to my Washington family for a great day.

0 comments: