
I think that every kid should have a "cool" aunt. My husband does, my girls do and so do I. When I was born, my aunt Debbie was just a kid. She was always so much fun for me to hang out with. She and I did lots of things together. She was the older girl that I could worship and idolize. I thought her clothes, hair, earrings, friends, and music were all just the coolest. I got to play with her Barbies, read her Nancy Drew books, talk on her princess phone and sleep in her canopy bed. She moved far from California so I didn't get to spend much time with her as I grew up but now we are close to each other again and it's like no time has passed. She is more than an aunt, she is like a cooler older sister as we are not too far a part in age. While I love the past memories of the cool 60's and 70's, I am far more grateful for the present. My aunt and her family have been so welcoming and open to us since our arrival in Washington. Her willingness to let me call and chat, vent and laugh... I am indeed thankful for it all. I think one of the greatest things my aunt has done for me is this... while it is easy to love a cute little kid(I was cute!) It means more to me that she loves me as an adult, values my opinions, respects me and makes me feel just as loved by her as I did when I was was just a little girl.
Happy Birthday Aunt Debbie, it doesn't matter what birthday it is, you will always be that funny, bubbly, sweet aunt to me!!
7.21.2009
Happy Birthday Auntie D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
OMG, you made me cry, (with joy) at your love and lovely words. You are an awesome niece and am so blessed to have you and your family in my life!!! Thank you! AD
Post a Comment