7.12.2009

Musings of the tired mind


Lucky for me, I made it out of the basement alive and did color my hair. Today was a dreary cold and rainy day. The rain part is good. We need it soooo bad. The grass around here is getting soooo brown and dry. I worked all day. Not too busy in the morning but busy in the afternoon. It was my first time to close the shop tonight. I had to close out the drawer, etc. all by myself. I think it went well, if not I am sure I will hear about it tomorrow.
Bob brought pizza home from Costco for our dinner. What a blessing it is to have him work there. We watched some television on our awesome HDTV. We also spoke with our long lost daughters. Sid is great to chat with on the phone, Riley on the other hand is not. She pays no attention to the person on the line, puts you on speaker phone most of the time and is too busy watching what is going on around her. You get the sense right away that she is not paying one bit of attention to you and you end up repeating yourself several times. It is enough to make you cranky. I will say that she has been very good about calling every day. I guess my threats worked. Her cat is freaking out with her gone. He is meowing/howling and pacing. He never ever sleeps with us and has for two nights now. Poor thing, he is lost without her. Sid's snake seems to miss her too. Bob has tried to feed her twice now and she has turned her little snake nose up at the offerings. Upon close inspection she does appear to be on the verge of shedding which does make her appetite disappear.
Work tomorrow and Tuesday. Bob and I are both off on Wednesday. Tonight I suggested that we try to do something fun that day. So far we haven't made any plans...There is so much to choose from. I will keep you posted.

0 comments: