
The girls are home. Bob and I picked them up at the airport today. We stood right in the doorway as they entered the airport so that they would see us as soon as they got to the entrance. They were full of talk and laughter. We went for dinner to our favorite local Mexican place and filled our faces with chips, salsa and much more. So good to have them home and under one roof. It wont last for long as Riley has already informed us that she is going to her friend's house to sleep over on Saturday night. It appears that she was still in AZ when those plans were made. Miss Popularity Pants she is...
We have been invited to a neighborhood shindig on Saturday night. The neighbors put fliers on our mailboxes and asked us to attend. Great, here is how it will go...
"Hi we are the neighbors who live in the crappiest house on your street" and then "we love living amongst your lovely large upscale lake view homes"... you get the idea. I will spend the next two days working on esteem issues and deciding what understated yet expensive looking outfit I will put myself and the husband into. Maybe our Ralph Lauren khakis and the matching madras shirts we got during our vacation to St. Croix last summer or did we get them two summers ago while shopping in the Hamptons? I can't remember, all those wonderful trips we have taken have just blended together...
The best part about Saturday is the birthday party we will attend early in the day. Our favorite baby Kate will be a big one year old girl! She will probably wear the nickname of Baby Kate for a while longer as she is the last baby in the entire clan. It is true, they grow so fast... sniff sniff...
Well, I have had my bite of delicious Key Lime Pie and now it is off to dream land. I will sleep well knowing that my baby girls are home with us.
7.22.2009
Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
My dear, you have nothing to fear. You can hold your own with that crowd. They are probably much nicer than you are imagining. Go with an open mind. You are a delight to be with and they will pick up on that right away.
Hope to see you Saturday at the earlier party. I'm going to try to drop by after catching the arts fair early.
-Jennifer
Post a Comment