
Whether you are aware of it or not, life is like riding the the tide. You are carried along with it. Then you stop and realize you have been living your life.
Now that I am gainfully employed, I have that feeling quite often. I am riding a small boat that is tossing about on some strong current. I do have some oars, those are my days off. Bob and I both have Wednesday off and we thought that maybe we could go and do something today. It was the last day off we will have together before the girls arrive home. I went to get my nails done and when I returned home, we just got bogged down with chores. We just felt like we couldn't enjoy a day out with too much to do at home. I do feel a sense of accomplishment tho. Weather is fabulous again, after a few cool cloudy days...
The salon is one block off of the lake. The parking lot for the salon is right up against some boat docks. Everyday, when I leave work I get to look out onto the water and the Seattle skyline. I am always amazed at the beauty and at my luck. I get to live and work here! I am starting to feel like I am getting into the groove at the salon. I am not super busy yet, but busier than I thought that I would be. I have been able to handle everything I have been given. I have had some really happy clients that love their color/hair. I know it wont always be a lovefest, it never is but with over two decades of experience I feel pretty capable of handling it. I have made some signage for the salon and some flyers for another stylist as well as myself. I even have Bob handing out information about me at Costco. I am working every angle.
In some ways it feels like my girls have been gone forever and in another way I feel that they just left. We miss them so much. I think the reason we miss them so much this time is this... they are both changing so fast. Sid is going to high school and Riley is going to middle school. This is just my feeling about it all...
Tomorrow, work, Friday, work. Saturday off. I have no plans, which is good.
7.15.2009
Sometimes Life Just Happens
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment