7.18.2009

Pirate Ships, Twitter and Car Shows


The "Kirkland Uncorked" festival has arrived. It started yesterday, making downtown a frenzied place. It is held at the Marina park which is just a few steps from the salon. When I left work yesterday, I always take in the view (I mentioned this in the prior blog). I was in for a big treat yesterday. Instead of the usual large boats and sailboats, etc. there it was. Docked at Marina Park. The tall ship Lady Washington. She is a pirate ship and has been in all of the "Pirates of the Caribean" movies. I grabbed a picture with my cell phone but have yet to unload it, so you can enjoy this picture that I found online. Fun stuff. I am concerned about Sunday. Along with the Uncorked festivities, they are holding the Kirkland Classic Car Show(say that 5 times fast). NOW that will be held directly in FRONT of the salon. It will take up the entire street in fact. This poses a huge parking dilema for us stylists. Our parking lot will not be accessible to us. We will have to park about 3 miles away and walk to work. Not my thing... Not excited... I would have Bob take me but he will be leaving three hours before I need to leave. No good solutions. I am excited about the car show, hoping that a car I like will be parked right out front. I would like an American muscle car. I am going to be ready and hand out some of my advertising though! That's me... always thinking, planning, etc.
I have been neglecting my "Twitter" and have had some friends and family join recently so I am back to working the "tweets". I am going to use it to promote my business as well.
It is Saturday and I have lots of time to love on my blog. I am going to putter around here, marinate some meat to throw on the grill and wait for the man to come home. He should be here by 2:30 or so. My daughters will be home on Wednesday. Yay!

0 comments: