
Sleep seems to be a pattern that has become more manageable lately. When I first began working again, I would come home in the afternoon, exhausted. It was all I could do to get my work clothes changed and find an empty couch or bed. That nap habit would result in my staying up too late and the the cycle would begin again the next day. I am happy to report that I am now making it through the entire day without the nap. I am going to bed earlier and falling asleep earlier. This enables me to wake up and not feel like a train has run me down and drug me along with it for several hundred miles.
This has been a week of appointments and tying up lose ends. The girls had a regular dental exam on Monday. Both came away with no cavities and a clean bill of oral health. Riley will have to return for some sealants as she is prone to the cavities. Wednesday was the loooong torturous orthodontic appointments for both daughters. Yes, both daughters. I figured that since Sid had to have her braces off a wee bit early prior to moving, and hadn't seen an ortho in over a year that I should follow up and have her checked out. She made a comment to me before going into the appointment about having to have braces put back on. I told I doubted it and not to worry about it. Riley's consultation was first. She did not disappoint. Her xrays and pictures showed us just what we already knew, the kid is an orthodontic dream and a parent's worst nightmare. Riley's mouth held no surprises and she will be wearing lots of orthodontic appliances in the next 24-30 months. Now Sid on the other hand... She will be getting braces again.. Poor baby, she cried a bit in the exam chair and was not a happy child. I could completely understand. She has already been through the pain and agony, is starting her first year of high school at a new school and all that it entails. Lucky for her that it requires only one year and maybe even less if she is extremely compliant. I have no doubt that she will do whatever it takes. So now Bob and I are officially in the "poor house". We will be eating a lot of 10 cent Top Ramen, beans and hot dogs. I could have quite a sizable down payment on a new car equal to the cost of orthodontia. Thank goodness for the insurance coverage that the large warehouse store provides. Then we would be living in a "tent city". Yikes...
After the braces nightmare, we girls went to Redmond Town Center for some school shopping. Lots of good deals at Macy's for the girls and for me. I do have to keep up my image you know. The girls pretty much have what they need for now to get them off to a good fashion start for the new school year. Fashion being waaaay more important than academics.
I have been getting myself tuned up a little. I got some hair extensions at our certification training. Nothing major, just some highlights and thickening. We went to a dermatology office (the whole salon) for a cross promotion get together. We were given goodie bags that included "Latisse" for growing thicker, fuller eyelashes. I got my nails done after work today. I am feeling very Beverly Hills.
I guess I will enjoy it all for another couple of weeks and then it will all dry up like a lake bed in Lucerne Valley. Once I begin the payment odyssey so that my children have beautiful healthy teeth, I will turn from Glenda the good attractive witch back into the green wicked witch. Sacrifices, sacrifices.... At least I can get my beauty sleep now.
8.13.2009
Before I Nod Off
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment