8.08.2009

Found Me Some Time


It is Saturday, almost afternoon. I am off today. I start feeling a little panic when I think that it is my only day off til Wednesday and that I will be at work for a full EIGHT hours tomorrow. I am not whining, I am thankful to have a job. I just get a little OCD when I think about what I need/want to accomplish in a short amount of time. I have chores to do on my day off, I need to get my nails filled and a pedicure(yes, NEED, I work in the BEAUTY industry), my work clothes need washing and ironing, girls have dentist and ortho appointments, lordy..
I have lots to do and yet I find myself doin' a little blogging. I am also helping Riley load songs onto her itunes. Now that she has her own laptop she has erased her ipod and reloaded the songs that she wants and no longer has to share songs with her sister. Sid's tastes tend toward new alternative and Ri gravitates towards the oldies, Doors, Cream, Boston, Beatles and such.
Bob and Sid went to a gun show in Monroe(east of us) and then he will give her a driving lesson. She is a bit bummed that some of her friends are old enough to get their permits and she isn't going to get hers until next summer. One of the down sided to putting your child in school while they are still four.
It is VERY dark outside today, overcast but no rain. We need it, our grass is so brown.
Work is a work in progress. Some days are good and most days are not. It isn't a constant bad all day but weird or unfortunate circumstances occur daily. When it is a good day, it's a really good day. I am definitely getting busier, it is amazing in this economy how busy the salon is. I am totally dependent on walk in traffic and the uncertainty of that has me in a constant state of nerves. I have NO soft place to land with a familiar client. It's all part of proving yourself yet again after 25 years of a career. I knew it would be this way, I just don't have to like it...
I did not intend for this to be a rant, it's just that the last two days were not good in a client/co-worker kind of way and it gets to you after a while. I am wondering if I need a vacation. Not that I need one from a job that I have only had since June, but just to get away. Besides Phoenix for four days, I haven't even been out of the Seattle area for a whole year. The furthest I have been is Olympia to the south, Whidbey to the west and Everett to the north and all of those were 1 hour or less in duration. Blah Blah Blah...

0 comments: