8.25.2009

Day off


Today is Tuesday and I have Wednesday off. This will be my last Wednesday off. We all change schedules next week. There are mixed reactions amongst the stylists in regards to this new schedule. Some are happy, some are leary and some are just plain ticked off. I was okay with it at first but as my children's schedules develop and change, my new routine at work will not be my dream schedule. When we had our shop meeting back in June, the salon "coach" told us to write down our "dream schedule". Before jotting down my five days off per week schedule, I looked at her with a large amount of skepticism. There is no way that 5 stylists who work in a salon that is open seven days a week from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm are gonna get their dream schedule. It ended up with less than half of us got such a great deal. While interviewing for this job, I made it pretty clear that there was a certain day off that I really really needed. I was told at that time that it would be fine and that it wouldn't be a problem. I was planning ahead for the school year. I got that day off, it was Wednesday. I got those Wednesdays... all summmer. Come fall, when I really need Wednesday off, I will be working and have Thursday off. Bob assures me he will stay with Wednesdays off, thus being able to help at Riley's school. Wednesday is the day parents can help the most, there by paying off their required 125 hours they must clock in.
I was working from 9-5 on Fridays and now I will work from 2:30 to 8:30 pm on Friday night. The same night my daughter will be doing football stats at her high school football games. So I am in the unhappy catagory as far as this change in routine goes. I am at the bottom of the totem pole but we are going to hire someone else who will help with the space being left by a pregnant stylist.
I have no plans for my day off tomorrow. Lots to do, so anything could happen. Bob has a physical so he will be busy in the morning. He should come out of that fine. He complains enough about his aches and pains to make you think he will be in a convelescent home next week, but I am pretty confident that he is in good health. I am probably the one who should be worried...

0 comments: