
Went to work today. Had to be there at 1:00. Owner wanted to go over our new hair extension procedure, price, consultation, etc. If I ever get an extension client it will be amazing. I might be wrong but I believe my chances are slim to none. I hope I am wrong! I had two new clients today, both were great and they rebooked with me. I needed that confidence boost! The first is a real live chef! She has worked in some amazing restaurants and has written some cook books. I picked her brain quite a bit... The next client is from Ontario, Canada. Her husband is a software writer and has a contract with Clearwire for one year. There are lots of people that come here for short term contract work. I had a young guy about 22 years old from Canada who wanted a shampoo, blow dry and flat iron! That was a first. It's so interesting to chat with the clients here. Many of them just spend summers here. It's a whole new world I tell ya.
Riley called from the island. She went crabbing yesterday but didn't catch anything. She is supposed to come home on Wednesday but doesn't want to and is trying to figure out a way to work that family over so she can stay the rest of the week. Bob and I are trying to not get a complex over this. She told me that she is not coming home to the hot house. I had to explain to her that the weather has cooled down and that the house is no longer hot and that this is her home. It didn't really phase her...Tomorrow she is going salmon fishing. Poor child...
Still lots of different boats in and around where I work. The salon is right in front of the Kirkland Marina. Lots of big sailboats as there is a sailing club two doors down and another one beneath our salon. I have not been sailing this summer yet with my aunt and uncle but I had to go and get a job and ruin all of my fun. Downtown has been very busy with lots of things going on and such great sunny weather. We have had lots of foot traffic.
As soon as I finished work, I raced over to our favorite Mexican place. My dad was in town for work and met Sid and I for dinner.( 8:00 is too late for Bob). It was nice to see him and chat.
Speaking of chats, I had the nicest phone call today. Bob's aunt that lives in St. Louis called. She and I chatted for about a half hour. It was great to catch up. I love chatting with her.
Well, the ol' eyelids are getting heavy, I have to be back at the salon at 8:00 am. I am hoping to sleep in on Wednesday(day off) but I think that is the day we go up north and pick Riley up from the ferry. Sweet dreams and will try to post again soon.
8.03.2009
Thoughts before bedtime
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment