8.30.2009

Transitions


I will begin a new schedule at work. It will begin on Tuesday. A transition from old schedule to new and I was just starting to get used to the old one. Work was good until the owner showed up. I was a half hour late because my car's battery was dead. I left my XM radio on all day yesterday and it sucked the life out of my already sketchy battery. I don't think the whole scenario was good as far as the owner goes. I spent about 3 hours yesterday working on a flyer to put in one of our local coffee shops. I showed it to the owner today and all she could spill forth was a ton of negative responses. I got such a bad vibe from her today. She makes a lot of effort to make me feel like an outsider. I am getting to old for this crap...
The girls start school on Tuesday. Big transitions for them. It will be an interesting year for sure. Riley had to choose her "Wednesday" elective yesterday. She could choose from things like digital photography, orienteering, pottery or study time. She chose study time. She told me that she thinks she is gonna need it. I was proud of her for being aware of her new responsibilities and sad that she didn't feel confident enough to try something else. She did have to pick four in case she doesn't get her first choice and I was glad that digital photography was on her list of choices. Sid has been rockin' the stat girl thing. Her coach is new and young, therefore not sure what he supposed to do with a stat keeper. Sid is teaching him.
It is time for me to transition from sitting up to lying down, busy day today and I am pooped...

0 comments: