8.15.2009

Woodstock


Riley woke me up at about 2:00 a.m. claiming she couldn't sleep. I was surprised since she had her best buddy here for a sleep over. I talked to her for a few minutes and she slept for a couple of hours in Sid's room. I had taken Ri and Mags to get some ice cream earlier in the evening. Ri had chosen Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. Coffee being the key ingredient. I figured it had to be the cause. When we discussed it this morning over Belgian waffles she proclaimed that she would no longer have any coffee infused desserts so close to bedtime. I thought that was a wise decision.
Bob took Sid with him to his rifle match. She even got up early to go. She has expressed to him that she would like to shoot in junior marksmanship matches. We will see how that pans out. I don't mind it if that is something she wants to do. Bob would be so proud. After they left the range, Bob took her to the cemetary where Jimi Hendrix is buried. There is a memorial there. Since it is the 40th anniversary of Woodstock and Sid loves Jimi's music.
Ri and i did some chores and listened to the Woodstock channel on XM radio. We then watched some of our recorded shows. She ended up falling asleep next to me. After her nap she felt much better.
We are in the process of having a new roof put on. The landlord had promised that we would have a new roof by June. It finally is happening. It is only two guys, a dad and son. With only two of them working at this pace it will be September by the time it is finished. It is a LOUD process to say the least.
Work tomorrow. Hopefully busier than it has been the last two days. When I left on Friday it looked like tomorrow was going to be a good day. I think the weather is promising sunshine as well. It was out in its sunnyness today.
Both girls have been watching every documentary they can get a hold of on Woodstock. I even bought them some cute t shirts from Target with cool Woodstock graphics on them.
Off to bed for me... peace out...

0 comments: