
I had lots of clients that were in book clubs. I always felt a bit jealous that they had a book they had to read and then got to share their thoughts about that book with others. I have officially joined a book club. I was invited by a client and most of the women live close by. The book for this meeting was the Poisonwood Bible. The group tries to choose a book that is not on the current best seller's list because it can be hard to get at the library or on the cheap. I got my copy from the library. I had tried to read Poisonwood a few years ago but just couldn't do it. Most of the group said the same thing. If it weren't required I don't think I would have read it. I am glad I stuck it out. I learned a lot about Africa and the Congo. I do know that I could never live there for any length of time. So next month is Jack Kerouac's On the Road. Definitely books I would not have chosen on my own, that is good thing.
12.14.2009
Book Club
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment