
I have (I know others in the family do too) a daily devotional that I read. I don't think that I have ever posted anything about it but today's touched me. It's a sad day, the memorial for the four slain police officers is beginning in a bit. The news is on in the background and it's all just sad... This was a bright spot for me to read today. The great thing about these devotionals is that they always seem to be just what I needed to hear on that particular day. They are written by Rick Warren from "A Purpose Driven Life"...
"Once we're secure inside God's unconditional love, we'll start cutting people a lot of slack. We won't be as angry as we've been. We'll be more patient. We'll be more forgiving. We'll be more merciful. We'll give others grace.
But you cannot give to others what you have not received yourself, and so my hope is that, as you learn how much God loves you, you'll also let him heal your heart so that his love can flow freely through you. It's impossible to love others until you really feel loved yourself. "
It is another sunny but VERY cold day today. We have had no precipitation, lots of sun and super cold temps. If we were to get rain it would be snow for sure and that can just not happen. I am (as are lots of Washingtonians) still not over last year's deluge. I just want to fly out of here on the 17th to sunny Arizona and not care about the "S-word".
12.08.2009
Devotional
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment