
The evening is drawing to a close. We three girls are packed. Our suitcases are stuffed to the limit, our laptop/carry on bags are in the same shape. I tried to filter my laptop bag down, do I need three pairs of glasses? I have them to match my outfits for god sakes! I have our boarding passes printed, food made for Bob in the fridge, girl's rooms picked up and everything else that I can think of. We sat down as a family and watched "It's a Wonderful Life" tonight. We had intended to watch it last weekend but stuff just got in the way. Bob had his nice, roaring, warm fire in the fireplace and we ate on leftover enchiladas that I had made. It was a lovely last evening for us to spend together. It will be a hard two weeks in that we will all miss dad/husband. He assures me that he will be fine and is looking forward to the peace and quiet. He gets up early and goes to bed early so he wont miss the little interaction he gets with us during the busy holiday season. We will miss him tho. Some tears were shed during the movie, I am not sure if the tears were for George Bailey or for us missing Bob. The girls had never seen the movie before, they weren't sure if they liked it or it's message. They understood it but thought it was just sad. Of course we parents discussed the whole thing with them and they were polite to listen to us.
We are excited to say the very least. We are excited to go to the airport, we are excited to get on the plane, sit on the plane, lay over in Reno, get to Phoenix and see everyone. We have our laptops, ipods, movies, magazines and books. I think that about does it for entertainment.
I will be reporting from Arizona I am sure, so stayed tuned! Bon Voyage!
12.16.2009
It's a Wonderful Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment