
Only an hour to go. It will officially be 2010. The news shows were all about what happened in the first decade of the 2000's. It's amazing how much has happened in 10 years. I know that in my own life lots of changes happened in the years 2000 thru 2010. Moved twice, watched my children grow and change, job changes, loss of friends and changes for myself. I feel like 2009 was difficult in many ways and really rough for lots of people. Hoping that '10 brings comfort and blessings to those that really need it, deserve it. I am not a believer in resolutions. Don't get me wrong, I want to believe in resolutions and believe that they work. I just have lived long enough and been around enough to know that they just don't hold up for long. It's a refreshing idea, new year, new goals... It's just that they don't seem to stick for most people. I am filled with a renewed sense of being and it really just is coincidental with the new year. I am gonna have a new job and that will help me have some new things to do in my daily life. Sure lots happened in the last 10 years and many of those things were good, perhaps even great. It's all about finding that glass half full. Some times the champagne flute seems half empty but it usually gets refilled again by someone with a big bottle of the bubbly who is happy to top off my glass.
We are warm and safe in our home, cozy and sleepy, some of us had no intention of staying awake til midnight, some of us were not too sure, some of us are really trying and some of us will sail right thru to midnight and probably beyond with no ill effects til tomorrow morning. I will report back and let you all know who made it and who did not. Happy New Year, Happy Decade done and Decade begun.
12.31.2009
New Year
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment