1.26.2010

Help is on the way!


I am starting to get it. At least I think that I get it. I hope I am getting it. It will all be evident next week. I am talking about my job. The person that is going on maternity leave will be gone as of Friday. She wont be back until May. I hope she has a restful (as much as you can with a four year old and a new baby) time from work but I am not promising that I wont have to call her. I am surrounded by help and have to remember to use the help.
Use the help- not use as in take advantage of but use as in utilize. Ask for help. I am learning to ask. I am realizing that it is okay to ask for help. If someone you ask doesn't or can't help, then it is okay. I wont be mad or go off sulking. I think there have been times that I should have asked for help and I did not. It might have made a difference. Who knows...
Asking for help is not easy, sometimes you feel like it could be looked upon as a sign of weakness. As I get older, a bit wiser and a bit more needy, I now know that it is not about being weak. It is about being strong enough, brave enough to ask.
I am seeing lots of challenges in my future and knowing that there are life lines available makes it all seem a bit less daunting. I am scared of some challenges but am more looking forward to the challenges and what I will learn about myself in that process. Who knew that I would like office work and not miss hair? Learning lots of new tasks has been really great. Hopefully I can feel the optimistic in all areas of my life.
Optimism is a sweet feeling. I am seeing my challenges with that optimistic spin There are times, in the past, that I have not felt optimistic. Have not felt negative in a while and it feels good... Really, really good.

0 comments: