1.11.2010

The Rough Road


So much sad news lately. People that I have known for a long time, some not so long are going through some incredibly rough and sad things right now. So many requests for prayers! I try to remember them all. I am including myself in these prayers. My husband and daughters as well. We all have been having a rough patch and I am hoping the pot holes get filled up and the road becomes a bit smoother. I know that it can never be a road made of clouds, cotton balls or marshmallows but just a nice rut free road for a while sure would be a welcome change.I am beginning to wonder if all of this scary swine flu epidemic stuff was even true. It seems like there is some sort of sad, bad news epidemic instead and there isn't a shot that you can get at the drugstore for it. The thing about rough patches or tough times, it makes the good news or good things that happen brighter and more welcoming. My job seems to be going really well. I am learning new things and rising to new challenges. I really look forward to being there and am grateful for the opportunity. The daughters are back into the groove of school, bowling, etc. Riley is having some light bulb "moments" and school work is going very well. She is actually liking the subjects she is studying. I am so grateful for that. I am learning or "relearning" how I need to juggle some things, home stuff and work stuff. Bob feels fine with taking the girls where they need to be after school. He gets off of work before they get home so it works out pretty well. So far he hasn't forgotten them yet.

0 comments: