1.07.2010

New Things


I am beginning a new chapter in my life. Well, as far as jobs go. I am still in the hair world, but just not full time. I am an office assistant in training. I am in the learning process right now. I am trying to absorb as much information as possible. The biggest problem with this training thing is this... The person I am going to be filling in for knows so much and so much of it is in her head.
Really, not a serious problem, just amazing that she knows so much about every thing that goes on in this business. My biggest fear is that I will make a huge mess of everything and not be able to even fill a thimble full of her shoes. I am enjoying it all so much. Much more than I anticipated. I really have been looking forward to this new job for a while now and so far it's been great. It has been refreshing to be at work all week. I needed the distraction and find that being completely absorbed in learning has kept me from thinking of unpleasant things. My home life is great and Bob and I will do everything in our power to make sure that our home life is always great. We are very protective of our little bubble called "home".
I will need to get my bearings and work out a schedule for getting house stuff done and having the daughters help me out. It's only the first week and I am not too worried. I sound like I have never worked outside of the home before.
I guess that the mantra I am telling myself in work and at home is this... Stay calm... don't forget to breath...

0 comments: