1.28.2010

Hold On!


Tomorrow is the last day... My mentor that I am replacing is leaving to birth a baby and tomorrow is her last day. She had to leave early today and I was alone in the office. I was handed three orders that had to ship out and had about 2 hours to get it done. Luckily, my boss came back to help me with one of the more challenging Canadian orders. I think I did pretty darn good. The proof will be when the product actually arrives and it is all good. I am happy to report that I didn't get flustered or nervous. I think that I was taught well and that I listened well and that I really like doing it. It's a good combo. How funny to call my aunt my "boss". But she is!
Have been having some relaxing, lovely evenings at home. Get home from work, house is picked up(I do what I can in the morning before I leave) and the girls do the rest. They have been soooo good at picking up the slack now that I am working full time. We have our routine down, they are getting their homework done, chores done and help with dinner. Once we are all done with the "have to do stuff" we watch one of our favorite shows on Tivo or regular television. Sometimes there is a warm crackling fire going and sometimes there isn't. It hasn't been that cold lately.
I understand that when California and Arizona get the "El Nino" effect, lots of rain, we don't get any. Fine with me... The sun has actually been out too. A rare and happy occurrence in January.
Sooo... I plan to have a nice weekend, hanging out with my cousins one night, hanging with the daughters Sat. and Sun. just taking it easy because I know come Monday it'll be crazy!!!

0 comments: