1.24.2010

Just Updates



I was looking at my "pictures" file and it made me realize that I haven't done a family style update in a bit. I have been on an inward trend lately. Trying to wax philosophical or something.
You may or may not remember that Sid was on her school's bowling team. They had their last match and missed going to finals by half of a point. They were pretty disappointed to say the least. She did get some really cool brand new bowling shoes out of the deal. She is glad to be done for some reasons and will miss it for others. Honestly, for me, it was time to be done. Now that I am working full time it doesn't allow for a lot of time to shuttle her back and forth. Luckily, she could get lots of rides from her friend's mom.
Riley has been really working hard on her academics. She is having much success with her math tutor and it is showing. She has also been presented with a challenge. It was made to her by her Grandmother. Let's just say it has something to do with money for good grades. Riley is motivated by money and therefore would like to be rewarded for her good grades. We hope she prospers.
Sid just finished finals and will have a new elective and maybe a bit of a new schedule depending how it all plays out. She will find out tomorrow. She had Athletic Injuries last semester and really enjoyed it. She did well in it and liked her teacher very much. She isn't sure yet what will replace that class and that makes her a bit tense.
The girls and I have been watching football all afternoon. We went to church this morning and I got my weekly shot in the arm. So good for me. The girls like it too and tend to remember much about the sermons. More than I ever did at their age. I think that has a lot to do with the pastor! We stopped and got some snacks and hurried home. It was pouring down rain and still is. We were lucky for a few days. While Calif. and Arizona got pounded with rain and snow, we did not for a change.
I worked yesterday, makes for a short weekend, long week. Strange, I don't really mind. Being so busy and having to learn so many new things has kept my brain occupied, very occupied. That is good for me, I tend to live inside my head a little too much at times.
So a new week begins, Riley's new elective is bowling. We are keepin' it in the family. She likes to bowl and has found that she is pretty darn good at it.
She is loo
king forward to March camp already.

Hard to believe that January is drawing to a close. It really has been an interesting month. New Year's day dawned, I hit the ground running and haven't stopped yet...

0 comments: