What kind of state of mind do you need to be in to post on your blog? I guess that depends on the kind of blog you have. If it's just about posting pics for loved ones far away and update them on the grandkids then stick with that formula. Don't change lanes suddenly and keep it all good. My blog is a mishmash, I tend to go with the mainstream stuff. I do add a little personal angst in there for some spice and my own brand of sick humor. My sick humor or sense of humor has been what has kept me from losing my mind more than once or twice in my life.
I have been home for two days now and life cuts you no slack. It's off and running. If this is what 2010 is going to be like then stop the bus I want to get off now.
I will not, wont and don't ask me to go into detail. I just wont. If you want to stop reading now because I am just a selfish blogger than go ahead. Let it be enough to say that, even when you think you are trying really hard to be a good person, do the right things, etc etc. Life still grabs you by the shirt collar and bitch slaps you into some other form of reality.
I woke up after a not so great sleep with a lovely headache. Things have progressed down hill from there. I guess I came over to the computer for some solace. It helps to type and get your mind in gear.
Sid is going to the movies with a friend. She got a lecture about checking in every three and half minutes. She doesn't really need the lecture, she is a great kid and has never abused her freedom, but I still have to be the parent to remind her. I gotta let her know I am here and I care about her well being. She may go see Sherlock Holmes and I am jealous. I hope she comes home and tells me how great it was because I really want to see it. I guess it will just be Riley and I watching t.v. tonight. I do have to start my next book for book club so maybe that will be on my agenda. Tomorrow both girls want their hair done. It is long overdue and they need to look good for school on Monday with over two weeks of vacation.
I have been doing my own hair and it shows. Oh well, maybe that will change in the new year.
Tomorrow is already the third day of the new year. It's hard to believe. Maybe my next post will be more uplifting.
1.02.2010
Skip it if you want to have nice evening
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like your blog. Good combo of the day to day catch up to keep the family posted and hints at the underbelly.
Does your new job start tomorrow? I know it will be a mutual blessing.
Here's to more blogging in 2010.
How's the new job going? Catch us up when you have the chance. Everything OK?
-J
Post a Comment