They did it. They got up this morning and got ready without any drama or last minute rushing out the door. I will go back at 11:30 and have lunch with Sid. It is a BBQ for all new students and their parents. I am nervous for them both but I know that they will be fine. Bob was off this morning so he got to go with us and that was a huge blessing for me. I pretty much just went through the motions on automatic pilot. I received some VERY upsetting news last night so am still trying to process it and my mind is a far far away. Today I hate living in Washington. It represents how far away I am from where I think I should and need to be. One of my very best and dearest friends has suffered a tragic loss and I am so devastated for her and her family. So, I am doing what we do when we lose someone. We ask God why about 5700 different ways hoping to get the answer we need. We decide in our own minds the answer but it's never adequate. Such are the mysteries of the living and dying questions that we mere mortals are not privilege to. So I am going to try to speak with my friends today and connect even though I feel so far away...
9.02.2008
First Day of School
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
September
(24)
- Ramble on...
- Lack of Sleep
- Blissful Day
- In the Morning my Mind Wanders
- Make up your own title
- Today is Tuesday
- Fall... Is it here already?
- Badminton
- Pulling on Those Apron Strings
- Updates from the Evergreen State
- Being a Princess
- I Got Nothin'
- Gotta Seize the Day
- a few badminton at the park pics
- Sunny Day
- Do You Remember
- Lucky, Lucky, We're So Lucky
- Kids and Cousins
- Dang
- Sailing Video- With Music
- My Day, Just Me
- Stepping Out and Stepping Up
- I Have the Coolest Daughters
- First Day of School
-
▼
September
(24)
0 comments:
Post a Comment