11.25.2009

pain in the brain


I was going to go with Bob this morning for his MOHS surgery. He came in to wake me up this morning and we started going over the day, he let me off the hook and told me it was understandable that I don't go with him. I am needed here at the house for about 50 different things. Sid and her Spanish film making project, Riley to the tutor, a house that has been neglected for three days and cooking my part of Thanksgiving. The final reason is that I have a RAGING headache. Woke up with it. Bob doesn't know about my headache, he just worries and I didn't want to use that as an excuse to not go. He called and said he has a great view from the 14th floor of the medical building downtown. The sun came out and the Space Needle is illuminated. It was recommended that you limit bringing anyone with you and that if you did to have them bring a book and pack a lunch or bring lunch money. It could be a long day or not depending on the depth of the cancer cells. It looked pretty small to me so I am thinking it wont take long at all. In my moments of non pain, I feel guilty for not going, he said that he would miss chatting with me. I told him I am just a cell phone call away. Not sure that I would have been the greatest of company.

1 comments:

Lou Woods said...

You are just the sweetest couple. I know that it's not ALL peaches and cream, but it's so nice to be around couples that work well together. Thanks for providing that glimpse of possibility!

Have a great turkey day.

XOXOX