
I would have liked to blog last night but we were without power for three hours. It went out just as I was cooking dinner. Everyone was excited about my menu and really looking forward to it. We did the usual candles, flashlights and a fire in the fireplace. The girls finished their homework and Bob finally gave up and went to bed. Once the power came back on, I finished dinner. The delicious aroma woke Bob from his slumber and he shuffled out to the kitchen. The girls finished their homework with an exciting game of Battleship.
I had volunteered to work in the office at Riley's school today. The school secretary thing must run in my blood. My grandma would have been proud. The woman whose position I was taking didn't have anything for me to do. I assumed that the phone would ring off of the hook, tardy kids would come running in for passes, parents with problems bigger than anyone else's would expect me to fix it for them. Nope, not a drop of excitement. The phone rang once, two parents dropped stuff off for their forgetful children and I collected attendance folders. I played a few games of solitaire, read e-mails and Twittered on my Blackberry. Don't get me wrong, the wonderful woman that works in the office is always busy. One of Riley's teachers told me that all of the other schools have three women that do her job. Wow...
Home after lots of errands and appointments. Good dinner and family time that was not interrupted by a power outage. It's okay. It's fun to play pioneer family once in a while. Sid could have gotten out her violin and played the "fiddle" for us.
Last night and today were so so so rainy. It was a drippy soaking rainy day. I even used my umbrella. It is very fall November weather from what people are saying.
Sid is going on a field trip tomorrow. It's the body exhibit and it's for her athletic injury class. I am looking forward to hearing about it and seeing some pictures.
11.19.2009
Typical Day in the Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
November
(16)
- Sunny Seattle Shots
- The Definition of Thanks
- Twice in One Day!
- pain in the brain
- Turkey in your future
- Potstickers and Pledge
- Typical Day in the Life
- Boring Blog
- Still Not All Here
- Key Elements
- Busy Getting Ready
- Various Random Ramblings
- Comfort Food
- All kinds of things
- Sid had her first bowling match today. They won an...
- A Happy Halloween it was
-
▼
November
(16)
0 comments:
Post a Comment