11.16.2009

Still Not All Here



Was supposed to go over to the lake house today and get my stuff, do some picking up but never made it. I ended up on the phone with family. Had to give the details to everyone my fun filled girls weekend. I am still recovering. It was a dark gloomy windy day today and I did a few things around the house and cleaned out the DVR. It missed me while I was away. Top Chef and others were waiting for me to watch so they could make room for House and Medium. Bob was going to go with me over there but ended up staying late at work to do some things. He and I ended up picking up Sid and friends from bowling practice. I will miss having Papa there tomorrow to watch her match. Much more fun when he was there.
Girls are getting geared up for the new Twilight movie. Sid is going with a big group from school and then again with Riley later. Not sure if Riley will go with friends first or her sister. I remember when Star Wars came out and we stood in line at our local theater. We only had one theater and it had only one screen. Eventually they just built a wall down the middle and put in two smaller screens and we thought that was great. Two movies to choose from. If it were a big deal and we didn't want to wait for the movie to come to our dippy little town, we could drive about 35 minutes "down the hill" to a larger theater. I had to see lots of first run movies "down the hill". Hits like "Grease", "Towering Inferno" and "Ode to Billy Joe"
The photo above is the actual theater after is glorious transformation into a two screen extravaganza. It is still standing and is a mission that has held revivals and such in a very seedy part of town.

0 comments: