Pumpkin carving at our house last night. Riley drew hers out and I finished it for her. She was being picked up a bit earlier than we had planned so time was a factor. I executed her design pretty well! Hers is the smiley tongue sticking out long eyelash pumpkin at the top. Sid did "Hello Kitty" and Bob's was a scary ghoul. I think these are the best ever.
Bob put a roaring blaze in the fireplace(of course this surprises no one) I made a new recipe for dinner, had great music playing like "Evil Ways, "Black Magic Woman" and "Werewolves of London" and opened a bottle of Syrah. Sid had a friend come over later and we watched some shows about the paranormal. They even made my heart beat a little fast. The two teenagers got spooked and closed all of the blinds in the house. I gave up early and went to bed. Just as I suspected no reasonable parent or child made any attmept to navigate our long dark scary driveway to obtain a KitKat or Three Musketeer bar. My new recipe for dinner consisted of a baguette cut up and place over butter in a casserole. Sliced onion, sliced hame and guyure cheese with a healthy cup of white wine poured over the whole thing and baked for twenty minutes. It tasted like a giant drunken grilled ham & cheese sandwich and it was delicous. Bob said he wouldn't order it again but then did help himself to seconds, Sid and I both loved it and can't wait to have it again. We think Riley will like it too.
Riley is still gone and Bob is still at work. He will pick her up on his way home. Sid is doing homework. She and I roasted pumpkin seeds (I roasted, she taste tested) did some laundry and watched two episodes of "House" on the DVR. We LOVE that show and watch every one of them.
No rain today, the sun is out and bright. It looks like a mixed bag of weather all week, typical for this time of year. The fall has been so beautiful this year and I have enjoyed it so much.
Busy weeks ahead, take time to stop and notice the falling leaves....
11.01.2009
A Happy Halloween it was
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
November
(16)
- Sunny Seattle Shots
- The Definition of Thanks
- Twice in One Day!
- pain in the brain
- Turkey in your future
- Potstickers and Pledge
- Typical Day in the Life
- Boring Blog
- Still Not All Here
- Key Elements
- Busy Getting Ready
- Various Random Ramblings
- Comfort Food
- All kinds of things
- Sid had her first bowling match today. They won an...
- A Happy Halloween it was
-
▼
November
(16)
0 comments:
Post a Comment