6.27.2008

Driving, Driving, Driving, Driving


Well, we did it. We escaped the high desert. We actually got the house all emptied out and got on the road this morning. No yelling or crying. I did wake up, had my coffee and then felt like throwing up for about an hour. Just nerves. Can you blame me?


We were going to stay in Sacramento tonight but got a call from the movers and they will be at our new house on June 30. We thought we had better high tail it to WA. Lots to do before they get there. So we made it to Redding, CA where it is 103 degrees.


In my car today it was Sid and her snake. In Bob's truck it was Riley and all three cats. Riley sent us videos from her cell phone of the sedated cats. She cracks us up. So now they are both fighting over who will ride with dad tomorrow. My car has the cool tunes, seventeen outlets for ipods, gameboys, etc, air conditioning the whole time, car air freshener, Gatorade, snacks and my own brand of entertainment. I am so hurt, I thought they would be fighting to ride with me. I also thought they could be bought.


There are some really bad fires up here in Redding tonight. We were in smoke all day and then really bad here. Lots of fire personnel in the hotels around here and we have seen tons of water dropping helicopters tonight as well.


We had to sneak the snake and cats into the hotel. This was the only one with a room left in the whole town and I didn't ask about pets. Luckily the cats are sedated and the snake is pretty quiet most of the time. I feel so criminal...


Will be in WA tomorrow night and looking forward to sleeping on the air mattress till we get our new bed. Goody.


I am not complaining, everything has gone so well so far, I really feel like God's hand is on our shoulders guiding us through this.

Talk to you soon...



0 comments: