6.04.2008

Graduation



Wow, it feels like it was just yesterday that I watched a little girl through a chain link fence. She was walking in a line with other little kindergartners. She knew she was headed for a new adventure. I knew she was headed for her future. That little girl has never looked back. She has shown so much courage, grace and love in every thing she has had put in front of her. She has certainly grown up fast, too fast for her family's liking. But her grown upness has been kind of cool too. She is funny and sweet, good to her family and friends. She is responsible, trustworthy and capable of a great many things. She has not only lived up to our expectations so far, she has exceeded them ten fold. She is 13 going on 30. There can be no parent that could be as proud as we are. Our soon to be 9th grader is the best that there is. No one could tell us different.
So, I can shed a few tears, I deserve to, I am her mom but I can also laugh and applaude her accomplishments. I have earned the right to brag and bore others with stories of my amazing daughter. Eighth grade is just a bunch of great memories and now another adventure for you to take on. 9th grade will be great, you will be challenged to make new friends, meet new people, take new classes and learn from the school of life. Your parents can't protect you from all of the stuff that happens but we can be there for you, lend an ear, a shoulder, a hug and lots of love and understanding.
Thank you for being our favorite bird...

0 comments: