6.15.2008

uhauls, dads and weather


uhaul




Dang... It has been a quick, busy trip this time. Sid did great on the two day Uhaul excursion. I am sure her dad and I annoyed the daylights out of her but she was a good sport and gave us much needed comedic relief. We were in good weather for the drive and hit that big fire in Chico just as they were shutting down some roads. Oregon was GORGEOUS! Sunny and mild and smelled like heaven. We got to Washington around 6:00 pm. It was cold! Loved it! Strange to run your heater in your house in June. So besides sleeping on an air mattress and no coffee maker, we did just fine. Sid likes her new digs and likes Kirkland a lot. She had a great time with her cousins, Sam, Lauren and Natalie. Lake Sammamish was postcard perfect yesterday and we enjoyed a Father's Day BBQ with everyone. Looking forward to many more days and evenings at the lake this summer...
Now it is back to the desert for just a bit longer. The more we go up to WA, the harder it is to come back to the H.D. It just feels so brown, so windy, so HOT, so disconnected.
I am having dinner with everybody from work tomorrow night, that will be our final goodbye. It's weird, you look forward to it for closure but don't look forward to it because you feel a sense of sadness. We will have a nice dinner, laughs and shed some tears. It will be great to welcome Felicia to the fold and hand over my reins. I am mentally numb right now, that's what flying all day and sitting in airports will do to you.
Happy Fathers day if any dads read this. I am lucky to have such a great dad. He told me today that he is ready for the old folks home. I could have been polite and said "Oh no your not Dad, your still so young" but I didn't say that. I just agreed like he knew I would. I love you Dad.

p.s. Also, a very happy Anniversary to my parents. Wow, what a day, father's day and anniversary. That is just too much excitement for the old folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad is proud of his Daughter....

Anniversary.......33 YEARS!!!

Fathers Day.......33 YEARS!!!

How do I have two daughters in their 40's?? Just pure luck!!

I know the Anniversary and Fathers Day gifts are in the mail, so I cannot let everyone know what I got as I don't know yet.

U Can Still Play in the Rain said...

just like the checks in the mail