
Bob and the girls went to an exotic animal sanctuary today. They are always in need of donations of all kinds and we had some things to give them. In return, they got to visit the big cats. Riley loves their main tiger that goes to all of their social functions. Her name is "Mia". Riley got to spend her eighth b-day with Mia, feed her and pet her! They normally don't do tours or bday parties but after I explained to them how much our daughter loves tigers they were kind enough to let us in. We had to bring 25 pounds of raw chicken legs and thighs with us. Mia at them like they were tortilla chips. They have lots of animals that they have rescued and are just a normal young family with kids. They are so kind and we have great respect for what they are trying to do. If you are in the giving mood or just want to see what all the fuss is about click on the link to the right that says "One of our Favorite Charities". We are "sponsoring" a couple of cats and that makes us feel like we are so cool...
The girls got to spend the night with some great friends of theirs. They were all babies together and my sister and I have known their mom for well over 20 years. They had a great time.
Tomorrow may be the day that Sid gets her braces off. We are not sure yet. Of course she is hoping, and wishing and praying. I guess I better take my camera tomorrow just in case. I will have great before and after shots. It's been a bit over two years. I think she is looking forward to the filing and whitening!! Holy glamour teen.
Riley has tomorrow and then Friday. Friday is the big talent show! She and her dance partner are all ready. Outfits have been thought out and purchased, dance moves practiced, etc. so she thinks she is feeling pretty confident about the whole thing.
I had dinner with my friends tonight but am not able to type about it. It was hard to say "see you later" to them. I was pretty much a blubbery mess by the time I topped Cajon Pass. Bob was great and talked me thru it. That's all I'm gonna say about that! They will come up to WA soon and we will have a grand time like we always do.
So, tomorrow is more running around, visiting, cleaning, phone calls to important people, utilites, etc. I cant wait for next week and I can wait for next week...
6.18.2008
Forever Wild
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
June
(22)
- What a Day!
- Some Pics for Your Viewing Pleasure
- Driving, Driving, Driving, Driving
- Solitary Confinement
- What it looks like about now
- The day before the "Big Day"
- A British Invasion
- The beauty of straight teeth
- Forever Wild
- I Love You I Miss You
- I Need More Time!
- Some pictures
- uhauls, dads and weather
- Busy Busy Busy
- A Quick Break
- Grad eeee ation day
- Wow, it feels like it was just yesterday that I wa...
- Roll Over Beethoven
- Space Needle circa 1970's
- Today in da desert
- No title
- Let's Begin In the Desert of So Cal
-
▼
June
(22)
0 comments:
Post a Comment