
Mondays are typically my errand day. Today I tied up a few loose ends with my business partner, went to Target (of course) where I had yet another roll of film to develop from Sid's trip, making it a total of five rolls and that was just what Bob took! We will do an album with all of her pics and memorabilia. I bought out the scrapbook store in Ontario a couple of weeks ago. After Target, I picked Sid up for her afternoon of beauty. She got her nails done for graduation and hair colored. She got a few(and I mean a few) hot pink hilights underneath, so you would really have to look to find them. All that matters is that she knows they are there! It was really fun actually. It's fun to have a daughter who likes to let me experiment on her hair. We then picked Riley up from school. She gets to stay late every day and keep an eye on a friend of ours who is in kindergarten and her mom teaches at the school. Riley has held a few jobs at her school this year, mostly the babysitter kind and even made a few dollars too! She informed us that she is trying out for the school's talent show and will be doing a dance to the Beatles song "Revolution". This should be interesting, I really never thought of that song as one with a good dance beat. Maybe it will be more interpretive in nature. She also got a Beatles purse from my Target trip. I could not resist, she does love the Fab Four so much.
Sid's 8th grade graduation is Thurs. and got an email from one of her teachers informing us that we have to be at the school at 7:30 AM because Sid is receiving an award at the awards ceremony prior to the actual grad. commencement. I HATE getting up early but I guess for this I will make an exception! We are pretty proud of her already so this is cream cheese icing on the Cinnabon! I am sure that a few tears will squirt forth from my eyeballs that day. Bob and I both agree that she has really grown up a lot this year in so many ways. She truly is a teenager. But honestly one of the nicest teenagers I have ever been around. I don't think a lot of parents LIKE hanging around their teenagers but I do. She and Riley both crack me up and there's nothing I like more than someone with a good sense of humor. They both take after me in that area luckily. Bob will tell you that he is funny but he's not THAT funny. Okay, maybe he is funny sometimes...
A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your step as you walk the tightrope of life.
-William Arthur Ward
6.02.2008
Today in da desert
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
June
(22)
- What a Day!
- Some Pics for Your Viewing Pleasure
- Driving, Driving, Driving, Driving
- Solitary Confinement
- What it looks like about now
- The day before the "Big Day"
- A British Invasion
- The beauty of straight teeth
- Forever Wild
- I Love You I Miss You
- I Need More Time!
- Some pictures
- uhauls, dads and weather
- Busy Busy Busy
- A Quick Break
- Grad eeee ation day
- Wow, it feels like it was just yesterday that I wa...
- Roll Over Beethoven
- Space Needle circa 1970's
- Today in da desert
- No title
- Let's Begin In the Desert of So Cal
-
▼
June
(22)
1 comments:
riley dancing 2 roll over beethoven
Post a Comment