6.30.2008

What a Day!

Wow, I am tired, Bob is tired and the girls are tired. The girls and I are probably more emotionally drained than anything else! The movers showed up a little after 7:00 a.m. and the first thing that started the day was one of the cats escaped! We searched high and low and even had the movers helping us. A few tears and we had to get back to the business of moving. After some glitches and some verbal banter we were helping movers bring in our belongings. Some items we were glad to see and gave us the comfort of feeling like we were home and other items made us think, why did we bring that? All in all it looks like everything will work just fine, and Bob and I keep reminding ourselves and each other that this is just a rental. We are still feeling very lucky that things have gone pretty well so far. So the movers left about 2:45 or so and we calmed down, the house got quiet and we hung out in the garage for a while. Riley told us that she heard a cat meowing. Sid put some cat food into a dish and shook it around and we heard the meow again. The cat was in the garage behind a cupboard, he had been there all day.
What a relief. So they all got a bath and a brushing and now they are just sniffing around, looking at boxes and more boxes.
So we get to sleep on mattresses tonight and wake up refreshed for more unpacking tomorrow. Maybe I'll find the box marked tequila.
Moving Boxes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! It will now get better each day. The worst is over!! I miss you! You know if you feel to out of sorts you can always come back...LOL!! I wish you guys the best up there and love the blog. It helps me to feel connected. I am so glad you found the cat...what a awful feeling :-( Well wish everyone the best for me and a huge hug for you. TTYL J

Anonymous said...

Did you find the tequilla yet? Cuz that is kind of important! I love you and miss you! Kenzie can not wait to see her "sisters".