6.19.2008

The beauty of straight teeth




Sid, Riley and I were a bit surprised when the ortho tech told us she was indeed getting those braces off. Yes, Sid was excited. They gave her a lovely parting gift. A large coffee mug full of "forbidden candy" all the things she was not supposed to eat while the braces were on. I have to say that her having braces was really non eventful. She never had any problems. I don't ever remember rushing her in for something that was broken. She did a decent job of taking care of them too. So it will be retainer next week and then off to Washington.
Tomorrow morning will be Riley's talent show debut. She has her Peace sign shirt and jean shorts all ready. When she is through with her performance, she is officially finished as a 4th grader. Whew, whatta relief. Fourth grade was HARD on all of us! A special shout out to all that helped her get through it! Mostly big sister.
It's official, I went ahead and purchased my blue tooth hands free headset ear thing. I know lots of people have them and its no big deal. The law begins July 1 that you are no longer able to talk on your actual cell phone in the car. So I finally gave in. I did not set it up, that would be the 13 year old in the house. She rocks. So of course she and I tried it out like fifty times. I like it, I am sure it looks good on me and it makes me feel important like some high power broker or something.
If the talent show is everything that we hope it is, I will attempt to post the video of it on this blog, pending the approval by the 10 year old in said video. She is weird about stuff like that. I am sure we will see her on the "Next Comedian Standing" some day.
Spent a few hours with the grandparents today. Brought home two photo albums of really old, cool pictures of my ancestors. Scanned them all and put them on a flash drive. Now I can print them or put them on a disc for other family members. They are really cool...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHE GETS CUTER EVERY DAY!!!!

WOW ....

WHERE HAVE THEY YEARS GONE??

Won't that be
"Last Comedian Standing" ??

I am positive the show will be a real scream!!!

Wish I could have been there!!

USE MY BLUETOOTH WHEN DRIVING AS IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE....

Don't wear it otherwise as many use it as a STATUS SYMBOL!!!