
It is Sunday morning, still kinda early. Of course I am alone, Bob is a work and girls still sleeping. Nice and quiet... Will reach over and turn on the jazz in a minute. A little background music for a Sunday morning...
Yesterday, Bob and I got up early and went to get flowers and plants for our yard. He had brought home these cool hanging pots and they were empty. It was a nice morning and I got all that I needed to fill five hanging pots plus some things to put into the ground. Riley was quite the big helper and I had fun spending time working with my youngest baby. The impatiens above are NOT mine but a representation of the 34 thousand that I planted. The weather was very "beach-like" June gloom in Orange County kind of a day. LOVED it. It hovered around 70 most of the day. Before going to get plants and other necessities we stopped at my new favorite coffee place. Bob was a sport and said he liked the coffee. It's not that he doesn't like Starbucks, etc. it's just that typical "why would you pay $4.00 for something that should cost a 1.50 for 35 oz. at AM PM"??? After finishing our outside duties we came in and watched "Valkyrie" with Tom Cruise. It was pretty good. Yesterday was D-Day so I guess it was fitting to watch a movie about WW II and trying to eliminate Hitler from the scene. The best part is that I didn't have any Hitler dreams last night.
Riley and I are just going to show up at Costco today and not tell that guy that works there. We will surprise him. We need supplies in a bad way so we are planning a raid on the super warehouse of fun and food.
Tomorrow, I meet with the salon owner to read over the salon manifesto and then arrange to meet with the other stylists. It's all good. I will have to do a model so look out cousin, I will be a-callin!!! T.V. should be in tomorrow as well, wont celebrate yet, but it's looking good. I wont know how to react!
Will get up early tomorrow to take Sid to school, she has to turn in a VERY large project called "Simple Machines". She and her friend/science partner have been working on it for three weeks. Tomorrow is the big day. I will video tape it for them so that they can post on to Youtube and get extra credit. I will try to post that video on here too, if all goes according to plan.
The week ahead is an action packed one, band concerts, etc. I am going to learn the working mom dance yet again. Balance people balance, that's the key.
Time to turn on the music and warm up that cup o' joe.
6.07.2009
Good Morning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
June
(22)
- Time for a little post
- Where Have I Been???
- What Has Been Going On...
- It's a Day full of Holidays
- Sid is officially a 10th grader in high school and...
- Some Pictures
- Working Girl
- Caffiene rambles
- Tomorrow Sunday June 14th is Flag Day
- Finding my identity today
- I got no time
- Beautiful Day
- Bliss is in that Squawk Box
- Getting the Yard Tuned Up
- Good Morning
- D-Day Veteran Recounts 'Longest Day' 65 Years Late...
- Breaking Records and Job Interviews
- Hmmmmm....
- Lovely visit last evening with family from So. Cal...
- Hospitality
- Changes in my blog
- How do you handle it?
-
▼
June
(22)
0 comments:
Post a Comment