
I am officially employed. I am still not certain that I am in love with the hours but at this point I cannot complain. I am thankful to have a job and work in a great salon with lots of client building/money making potential. I finished my last "interviews" yesterday with two more of the girls. They are all really great. For all being so young, they are grounded, mature and great professionals. I had some requests and those were met and so now it is official. I will be putting in lots of hours and now working ALL weekend. Saturday 9-5 and Sunday 10-5. Ick...
I requested Wednesdays off so that I could help at Riley's new school as we are committed to so many hours per year. Bob says that he will change from Saturdays off to Wednesdays off as well, that helps. The Saturday gig is only as permanent as I make it. If I move up the "levels" of income, referrals, sales, etc. I will eventually have Saturdays off. It is the carrot being dangled in front of the work mule. The one thing that has put a damper on my new found employment is that I had to turn down another employment situation. I was really hoping to be able to do that but with my over 32 hours per week of salon time, days off, etc, it just isn't going to work. I know what it meant to this family that I would be employed by, I have been in that position myself. I just don't want to have caused irreparable harm in any way. I love them far too much for any damage to have been done.
That is hanging heavy for me this morning...
I am happy in so many ways about the salon job, don't get me wrong. It will be hard to go from NO employment to LOTS of employment. I have had it good for a year now. The paychecks will be more than welcome. We are still in ownership of a lovely home in California with renters whose monthly rent is less than half of our monthly mortgage. The giant warehouse pays pretty good but not that good.
The one thing that I am VERY relieved about is that I will not start full time until after everyone leaves in July. I will go in part time next week but then am off the first week of July. I did not want to work while ALL of my family is finally here for a visit. That would have been depression inducing at the very least.
Tonight is Sid's 9th grade cruise/dance. She has her new highlights, put nails on last night, toenails in matching pink polish and is ready to go. She told me this morning that she is getting nervous. I know she will have a great time. I am taking her to her friend's house a half hour early for pictures. I will post some on here, I promise. Off to play taxi driver and then home to chores. Will keep you posted on what's next. I will post some salon photos eventually as well.
6.16.2009
Working Girl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
June
(22)
- Time for a little post
- Where Have I Been???
- What Has Been Going On...
- It's a Day full of Holidays
- Sid is officially a 10th grader in high school and...
- Some Pictures
- Working Girl
- Caffiene rambles
- Tomorrow Sunday June 14th is Flag Day
- Finding my identity today
- I got no time
- Beautiful Day
- Bliss is in that Squawk Box
- Getting the Yard Tuned Up
- Good Morning
- D-Day Veteran Recounts 'Longest Day' 65 Years Late...
- Breaking Records and Job Interviews
- Hmmmmm....
- Lovely visit last evening with family from So. Cal...
- Hospitality
- Changes in my blog
- How do you handle it?
-
▼
June
(22)
0 comments:
Post a Comment