
I finished my second full day of work today. I have had seven clients so far. Not too shabby for having just started. It is a busy salon. Being open seven days a week and being downtown, on the main street of town, being a great salon, all of these things are why it is a busy salon. There is no down time, even when you don't have a client. There is lots to learn still, but I am getting the hang of it. It is sooo ULTRA structured, keeping track of everything. So VERY different from what I am used to. I do like the structure, it's just learning the procedures that takes time and makes you feel less than intelligent. As far as rockin' the hair, it's all good. Haven't gotten anything that I couldn't handle yet. Lots more male clients than I am used to. It is good to know that I can still cut a guy haircut!
Have heard from the parents, they are having a great time. I knew they would. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Sid's friend from Calif. will be here Wednesday for 5 days. We are planning as much as we can with our work schedules. Riley has been invited by a friend to go to Whidbey Island. Her grandparents live there and live in some huge house with tennis courts on the beach. Rough huh? Poor Ri... hope she has fun. She will be gone for about 4 days. Perfect timing for Sid.
I got up early today and went to one of our distributors this morning. They were having a big sale with some of the proceeds going to "Operation Gratitude". That is a charity that helps support families of soldiers and soldiers themselves. It was cool and I needed some things for my station. Got home just in time to start getting ready for work. I took my Ipod in today. I made a "salon" playlist and it went over well.
I am POOPEDso will call it a day. Have to be at the salon at 8:00... ugh... but at least I will be home by 2:30.
6.22.2009
What Has Been Going On...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
June
(22)
- Time for a little post
- Where Have I Been???
- What Has Been Going On...
- It's a Day full of Holidays
- Sid is officially a 10th grader in high school and...
- Some Pictures
- Working Girl
- Caffiene rambles
- Tomorrow Sunday June 14th is Flag Day
- Finding my identity today
- I got no time
- Beautiful Day
- Bliss is in that Squawk Box
- Getting the Yard Tuned Up
- Good Morning
- D-Day Veteran Recounts 'Longest Day' 65 Years Late...
- Breaking Records and Job Interviews
- Hmmmmm....
- Lovely visit last evening with family from So. Cal...
- Hospitality
- Changes in my blog
- How do you handle it?
-
▼
June
(22)
0 comments:
Post a Comment