
I am posting quick. Got things to fax, phone calls, etc. We went to Ri's last concert for band last night. Always a great night of music. The Jr high concert and jazz bands are phenomenal! I could listen to them for hours. It was great to see how much our little 5th grade beginning band has improved since October. Riley has done well and we will miss band. Because of her new school she wont have the right kind of schedule for band. Maybe in 7th grade but who knows. She has to trade off her flute playing for environmental and outdoor studies... Have to coordinate with the salon owner to get some questions answered and to meet the staff. I have soooooo many plans and company coming in June and beginning of July that I am hoping to put off my employment until after the 8th of July. Gotta ask nicely...
Still no rain. If we go rainless for like 3 or 4 more days we will break the 1982 record. I'm tellin' ya! We move up here and get to be a part of all the record breaking weather events possible. That really is our luck... I have been hand watering flower pots, flower beds, tomato plants and some parts of the grass(weeds) by hand every day. Not a problem, I love doing it but I figured that by now we would have had a few rainy days. Quite a switch from last year at this time. We were wearing sweatshirts and long pants and everyone was calling it "Juneuary" around here!
It is beautiful and everyday is bliss- very beach like in an O.C. kind of way.
The girls have one more week of school. Next week is Sid's 9th grade cruise, Riley's picnic and various other items that always go with the last week of school. We will follow up with our yearly tradition. On the last day of school we go to Cold Stone to celebrate another year. A few days after that we begin our round of company. My parents for just a day and then they are on a cruise to AK. Sid's dear friend from Calif. will be here for about 5-6 days after that. My parents will be back from AK and here for a week as well as my sister and family. I am sooo excited. Went to Wal-Mart yesterday and bought many items relating to the 4th of July. I got a few things for you A.D. as well as my niece and my little cousins. Lots of photo ops! All of the great grandkids will be in one spot so will have to snap lots of pictures.
Happy Thursday and the week is almost finished!
6.11.2009
I got no time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
June
(22)
- Time for a little post
- Where Have I Been???
- What Has Been Going On...
- It's a Day full of Holidays
- Sid is officially a 10th grader in high school and...
- Some Pictures
- Working Girl
- Caffiene rambles
- Tomorrow Sunday June 14th is Flag Day
- Finding my identity today
- I got no time
- Beautiful Day
- Bliss is in that Squawk Box
- Getting the Yard Tuned Up
- Good Morning
- D-Day Veteran Recounts 'Longest Day' 65 Years Late...
- Breaking Records and Job Interviews
- Hmmmmm....
- Lovely visit last evening with family from So. Cal...
- Hospitality
- Changes in my blog
- How do you handle it?
-
▼
June
(22)
0 comments:
Post a Comment