
Here is the back story. We have always been a television family. I grew up in a television family. Those people that grew up with out t.v.? Can't relate nor do I wish to. I know, I know, it is a luxury not a necessity. Well, anyway we are a T.V. family and we have not had quality T.V. for over a month now. I rigged up some antenna thing so we could watch very snowy distorted T.V. or more like "listen" to it. Today was to be the day the Comcast would come to rescue us. When the installer finally showed up, it was just a nightmare. Started right off with asking me for my I.D. then told me he could not hook up two of the three televisions because of logistics and this house not having any cable boxes. It is against Comcast policy to drill into a stucco house. It is against Comcast policy to go into your basement and wire from there. It is against Comcast policy to use the same hole that Verizon drilled into our stucco house. If Comcast had a stucco non drilling policy in So. Cal, they would have NO business. While I showed LARGE amounts of disdain for this installer, I proceeded to try to talk to two different entities with Comcast. Neither could help. I finally asked him to leave as he would be no use to me and that I would not ever use them or recommend them. I should have known when their annoying commercials came on every 3 minutes that it was not going to be a great match. I have never had a service tech come into my home and push me to anger in three seconds or less. And to top it all off? He pulled my little cable antenna rig thing out of the wall! Little did he know that I am an expert at making something work with wire and duct tape if I have to. Especially when it is something I really want. The comedy of this situation is that while we have the antenna reception, even that will be unavailable to us after June 12!!!!!! That is when it all goes digital! Eye yi yi...First no FIOS, then no direct T.V. because of trees and now no cable. We four are feeling kinda low about it. No t.v. love is being shown to us at all...
6.01.2009
How do you handle it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
June
(22)
- Time for a little post
- Where Have I Been???
- What Has Been Going On...
- It's a Day full of Holidays
- Sid is officially a 10th grader in high school and...
- Some Pictures
- Working Girl
- Caffiene rambles
- Tomorrow Sunday June 14th is Flag Day
- Finding my identity today
- I got no time
- Beautiful Day
- Bliss is in that Squawk Box
- Getting the Yard Tuned Up
- Good Morning
- D-Day Veteran Recounts 'Longest Day' 65 Years Late...
- Breaking Records and Job Interviews
- Hmmmmm....
- Lovely visit last evening with family from So. Cal...
- Hospitality
- Changes in my blog
- How do you handle it?
-
▼
June
(22)
5 comments:
in my opinion, BOTH comcast and sears really are the feeder fish of the big pond of life....no tv for you, no cold B.L. for your mom if the fridge isn't repaired... what are we to do!!!
amen to that A.D.!!!
did you get ahold of the comcast guy who offered to help? Mom
p.s. what is the deal with the fridge..no BL WHAT?
Post a Comment