9.27.2009

Ducks, Turtles and Seahawks




I haven't got much to get in to. Bob worked today, Riley was off with her friend all day. Sid and I got going and walked all over Juanita Bay. It was a bit chilly in the shade, but once we got our blood flowing and got into some sunshine, we were doing just fine. We did our usual walk along the eastside of the bay and then went west along the bridges and trails. There are different look out points facing east. This is where we saw lots of wildlife. We saw the usual ducks and water fowl and then I spotted a blue heron. Larger than large on a small marshy patch in the wetlands. Mallards were sleeping and sunning on all available logs and then Sid asked me what type of bird was sunning itself along with the mallards. At first glance they appeared to be black or grey so I am thinking loons or mudhens. We keep looking and decide to use my camera's zoom to get a better look. They ended up being turtles. Lots of turtles out sunning themselves. We saw lots of them and felt like we had scored big time in the sighting of wildlife. I still want to see beavers,otters and eagles but will be patient in my quest. We had a good walk in some great weather with beautiful scenery. I just can't imagine living anywhere else. My cousin Nikki came by for a bit. She hadn't seen our house so it was a treat to have her over. She will be back on Friday for some hair color. Sid and I also watched the Seahawks game as well. Sid commented on how much more interesting football is when you understand what the heck is going on.
Riley will get some more work done on her teeth this week. Her palette expander has spread her two top teeth so far that she could floss with a rope. She hates how she looks right now and will barely open her mouth unless threatened with bodily injury.
Sid's homecoming dance is this Saturday night so we will use this week to get her fully prepared for that gala. She is still going with a group of friends and that is fine with her parents.
Off to the Land of Nod. I will read a few more pages of my book and then fall into restful slumber...

0 comments: