9.01.2009

First Day of School


Today was the day. The dreaded day for some, a great new day for others. I think both girls were excited about the first day of school. Both had a case of the nerves. Who could blame them? First day of High School and first day of a new middle school. Yikes... Bob and I are proud of them both. They spent the better part of yesterday prepping for today. Clothes were picked out and ready, backpacks packed, lunch packed, etc. Only a few minor glitches this morning. Riley and her ongoing shoe decision dilemma and Sid forgot her locker combo. The locker combo forgetting thing? Well that is what 30 years of bad dreams are made of. I still have dreams about forgetting my locker combination.
Both are riding the bus to and from school. This is the first time that they will ride to and from every day and walk to the house. It is about a one minute walk from house to bus stop. One of the boys that Sid knows lives a few houses down and takes the bus so she wont have to far to walk alone. Riley will have Sid, who has promised me she will retrieve her favorite little sister.
I will be so excited to talk to them both about their days. Unfortunately I wont get home til almost 9:00 tonight so it'll have to wait. I do not like my new hours... (see prior post).
I am sure both of our sweet girls did well today and will have lots to tell us. Sid does have football practice today as well, lucky that her dad can handle that. Will be sure to post the highlights.
Tommorow will be a big day. Both girls go back to the orthodontist. Sid is so not excited. It will be picture day for Riley and she has her swanky new outfit all picked out.
I finished picking the last of the blackberries for the season and will bake one more pie. The roofers are here, making lots of noise... I will be off to get myself together for work.

1 comments:

Lou Woods said...

In your dream about forgetting the locker combination...did you remember to wear your pants?