9.01.2009

Good Day Sunshine


Well, not a lot of sunshine but the girls both had good days! It is always a relief when they let you know that the first day of school goes well. They both gave us glowing reports. One of Riley's biggest concerns was what "Clan" she would be in. In most schools it is called home room or advisory. At the Environmental based school it is called a clan. She had wanted to be an Orca or Osprey. She is now in the Wolf clan. She told me that it is really great to be a wolf instead of the other animal named clans. Her reasoning is that when the clans are called out or call out, they have to make their animal sound. She said all of the other sounds were weird or goofy sounding and the wolves make the best sounding call of all. I am so pleased that my very difficult to please child is happy with her clan. Could you just imagine the heartache of 4 long years with a goofy animal call?
Sid is okay with her classes. She was bummed that more of her friends weren't in her classes with her. I totally understood her feelings but told her that this is the great and strange way that you make other friends. I told her that her friendships will ebb and flow throughout her high school life. She has advanced Spanish, advanced algebra, sports medicine and the rest are typical history and language arts. She will take stats at her first football game this Friday.
I would like to post that I had a great day but that is not to be. I did not talk to the owner but did have a lively "debate" with her niece who happens to be a stylist and fellow employee. I hate myself for this but during our "conversation" I just broke down. I almost went into the "ugly" cry but managed to hold onto a tiny speck of dignity and most of my mascara. I told her not to misinterpret my crying jag as having anything to do with her but that I had already had two really shitty days at work and I was stressed to my maximum boiling point. I had a long talk with another fellow stylist who explained to me that the low man on the pole gets treated like a large long piece of snake shit. When the new people get hired, my position will be elevated to bird shit on a windshield. Good to know...

1 comments:

PAPA2 3 said...

Amy, Life is too short to put up with this type of bull shit from a boss. She is obviouly threatened by your knowledge and skills.

She can talk to the young ladies like this but the best thing to let her know is that you do not need her or her shit to survive.

She needs to understand that you are not trying to take over the shop.

She also has to understand the each individual has their own style of communicating with customers.

Her style IS NOT the only way and she is dumber than a box of rocks if she doesn't allow each one have the opportunity to work their way.

It sound like she obviously has an EGO as bis as the shop and it is MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY....

Well read my lips darlin...see you later!!!!