9.22.2009

Ring Ring Ring


Had a nice long chat with my dad this morning. He called to "catch up" and that was nice. One of my clients from here found me and wants me to do her hair. I am having her come over to my house tomorrow. It's funny, I have only met her a couple of times but feel like I have known her forever. She used to live in Montana and ran/owned a Radon mine. I guess it is good for people with terminal illnesses and they get relief from sitting in these Radon caves. You can Google it. She now lives in Sammamish and has a totally different life. It will make a great excerpt in my book someday. So I am tidying up the house, it isn't too bad since I just did major cleaning last week. Went outside into this glorious weather and swept, weeded and tidied up.
Just talked to the husband, he will be home soon. He is working the weird shift again, up early, home and back to work at 8:00 pm home around 11:00 pm and then back up at 3:30 to be there by 5:00. Most of the tasks he performs need to be done before the shoppers arrive. When I am there shopping, we chat a bit and it always cracks me up when a customer comes over and asks him for help with things like fabric softener or sourdough bread. One perk of this employment has been that he has gotten some awesome wine recommendations from the wine buyer and she has ordered some special red wines for us that we really enjoy.
I talked to my mom and sister yesterday. My parents were in the HD for the weekend to attend my mom's class reunion. She had a great time and was able to connect with friends that she hasn't seen in a long time. I was interested in who she saw and talked to as these are people that my sister and I grew up with.
Well, it is time to take my life seriously and get moving in the general direction of the dishwasher.
Happy first day of fall and hope it's a beauty.

0 comments: